Creates a national network that provides post-discharge rehabilitation and support for stroke survivors, their families and caregivers.
How you can Help?
The Stroke Survivors Foundation is highly reliant on the efforts of volunteers to achieve the Foundation’s goals
Loosely a ‘social’ SSF Stroke Support Group need/s to provide the following in order to succeed:
• A Venue for weekly support meetings
• Furniture Tables and chairs
• Transport/ Vehicle ideally adapted for stroke survivors and Driver
• Provision of access to some Therapies, i.e. OT, Physio and Speech and assistive devices.
• Some Care givers if not attending with the stroke survivor
• And most Importantly Stroke Survivors to attend.
Additional Support skills are:
• Organising a working committee to achieve the above
• Support for local fund raising activities.
• Promotion of the group.
• Fielding general queries from the public.
So the SSF requires a variety of organisational and management skills for each group. Please contact us at email@example.com if you want to volunteer.
Fundraising with Friends is an interactive, easy way to engage friends and family to raise awareness and funds for stroke. Organizing a walk, run or other social event to raise funds for The Stroke Survivors Foundation is a fun way to raise awareness and funds.The following platforms can be used to assist you raise funds;
The Stroke Survivors Foundation receives no government funding and therefore we rely on organisation’s social responsibility and the generosity of individuals. We appreciate any contribution to fund the projects and day-to- day expenses of the Foundation. Contributions/ donations to The Stroke Survivors Foundation can be made to the following bank account.
Speak to your estate planner about including The Stroke Survivors Foundation in your last will and testament. Your generosity will be most appreciated.
+27 (0)82 889 1800